Assist in managing and promoting all aspects of the business; including but not limited to buying, pricing, sales, merchandising, loss prevention, training and supervising staff. Promote a high level of customer service and continually strive for innovative solutions and alternatives in bettering the business.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. Lead assigned shifts, ensuring that customers are greeted immediately, their needs are determined, and all transactions are handled in a professional and enthusiastic manner.
2. Opening and closing responsibilities, including but not limited to: key control, locking and arming the store, and cash handling responsibilities.
3. Become familiar with products, brands and prices and make recommendations of products, including their features and benefits, to suit customers’ needs. Maximize sales and customer satisfaction by adding items to the close of the sale.
4. Buy used product, reinforcing the customers’ purchases and sales to the store. Invite customers to return to the store with their used items for product to sell; educating the customer about the buy process.
5. Price and ticket items based on pricing and buying guidelines. Restock store following merchandising plan. Maintain store displays and follow store housekeeping and maintenance standards and procedures.
6. Develop proficiency in operating POS system for all sales transactions, buys, returns, etc.
7. Other duties as assigned.
1. Prior retail and /or customer service experience with proven leadership skills.
2. Ability to work well as a team member, accepts constructive feedback, and follows directions.
3. Excellent communication, self-management, and interpersonal skills.
4. Sales and goal oriented.
5. Excellent time management skills, multi-tasking ability, and a high level of responsibility.
1. Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, up to 8 hours a day.
2. Ability to lift and/or push up to 40 lbs. without assistance. May involve heavier lifting with assistance of
team member or cart/dolly.
3. Bending, rotating, and reaching conducive to a retail environment and to receiving, pricing and stocking merchandise.
4. Exposure to typical retail environment conditions and noise levels.
5. Able to operate a computerized sales terminal.
If you answered “yes” to most of these questions, we’d love to meet you.At Once Upon A Child, we offer:
Print and fill out our Job Application and bring it to the Once Upon A Child nearest you. Check out our store locator for local websites and contact information.
You will need Adobe® Acrobat Reader to view and print the application. Please print out the application and fill out by hand as Acrobat doesn't allow you to edit documents online.